"As the only student program officially recognized and sanctioned by the Festival de Cannes and the Marché du Film, The American Pavilion Student Program offers participants a unique experience and unparalleled access to both the Festival and Market."
Jérôme Paillard, Executive Director, Marché du Film, Festival de Cannes
Are you an ambitious, mature, hard-working high school student who wants to learn about the film industry? Do you want to expand your knowledge of international film? Do you want to gain hands-on experience working at the most important event on the international film calendar? If so, The Cannes High School Film program was designed for you.
Learn, Work, Connect
• Pre-Festival orientation
• Participate in The Roundtable Series
• Attend Festival and Market screenings
• Guidance from an industry professional
• Complete an internship at The American Pavilion, the de facto headquarters for the American film community at The Festival
• Screen your film in the Roger Ebert Conference Center
• Network with industry insiders
• Meet like-minded students from all over the world
Our son Justus had such an amazing experience at Cannes and I can’t thank you enough for giving him the opportunity. He came back from his trip a changed person, all for the better.
—Hilary Rhode, Mother
Applications are considered complete when Items 1-3 have been uploaded to the The American Pavilion site, Items 4-5 received via email to email@example.com, and a $75 non-refundable application fee has been paid online.
1. Application form
2. Essay questions
3. One standard passport-style headshot photo for accreditation in digital .jpg format. Minimum dimensions: 100×140 pixels, maximum file size: 1 mb. File must be titled as applicant’s full name (i.e.: Doe_John.jpg).
4. Copy of unofficial high school transcript
5. Current resumé. Resumé MUST include two personal references at the bottom — one professor or academic advisor, and one current or former employer — listing their names and titles, their relationships to you (e.g. professor or employer), and their email addresses and phone numbers. If you have never been employed you may use a different professor or other faculty from your school as your second reference.
Completed applications are reviewed by The American Pavilion Selection Committee on a rolling basis. Candidates who meet all of the requirements for admission will be contacted for a telephone interview and notified of a decision on a first come, first served basis.
All completed applications received by December 7, 2018 will be considered Early Decision. Candidates are encouraged to apply early as the program can fill up quickly.
Conditions of Acceptance
If accepted into the program, applicant has four days to confirm participation in the program. Failure to confirm acceptance may result in losing your place in the program.
If accepted Early Decision, a non-refundable payment of $2000 is due within two weeks of acceptance to hold your place in the program. An additional payment of $1950 is due 30 days later.
If accepted General Admission, a non-refundable payment of $3950 due within two weeks of acceptance.
Failure to comply with the above stated conditions may result in forfeiting your place in the program.