Since 1997 this prestigious competition has showcased the works of the next generation of filmmakers. 10 to 15 short films will be selected by our panel of industry judges and shown in the Roger Ebert Conference Center at The American Pavilion to invited guests attending The Festival. It's a festival within a festival at the most important event on the international film calendar.
Picture Yourself Here
• Experience the world's largest film festival and film market
• Attend panel discussions at the American Pavilion
• View Festival and Market screenings
• Compete in the American Pavilion Emerging Filmmaker and Student Filmmaker competitions
• Promote your film and filmmaking talent to Festival attendees
• Display your postcards and promotional materials in The American Pavilion
• Network with industry professionals
• Meet like-minded filmmakers from all over the world
Since its inception in 1989, The American Pavilion has served as the hub for Hollywood's presence in Cannes. It's the place to be if you want to be in the middle of the action. –Roger Ebert
All entries must be submitted through Withoutabox or FilmFreeway.
We will accept entries via FilmFreeway.com offering free HD online screeners, Vimeo and YouTube integration, and more. Click the above button to submit with FilmFreeway.
Early Bird Entry deadline:
December 4, 2015
Regular Entry deadline:
January 25, 2016
Late Entry deadline (additional fees apply):
February 12, 2016
Finalists for screening at Cannes will be announced:
April 11, 2016
Winners will be announced at the Cannes Film Festival: