August 27 – September 4 ~ Applications now open!
Building on its 35-year legacy bringing students to the world’s largest film festival, Cannes, The American Pavilion’s esteemed Worldwide Student Program now includes the world’s oldest festival, Venice, among its offerings. Now YOU can deepen your understanding of film festivals and the film industry as part of The American Pavilion’s Venice Intensive!
Along with world premieres by leading directors from around the globe and groundbreaking arthouse films, experience local culture by staying in the heart of Venice. Explore the canals, visit the glass factories of Murano, and enjoy all the Italian food you can eat!
The AmPav Student Experience
• U.S.-based team to answer questions and provide advice
• Ongoing communication with festival updates
• Travel preparation package – packing list, maps, handbook with local information
• Zoom info sessions with program participants and American Pavilion staff
• Venice Film Festival accreditation – access to all Festival screenings and all XR/VR/AR projects at the Venice Immersive Island
• 24/7 Support from American Pavilion staff
• Cultural experiences, including an outing to the islands of Murano and Burano
• Student-only roundtable discussions with industry executives and talent
• Airport transfers
• Pass for public transportation
• Shared accommodation in central Venice
• Daily breakfast
• Career development opportunities
• Membership in private LinkedIn group with regular job listings
• Job references upon request
• Lifetime membership in The American Pavilion at the Cannes Film Festival
• Alumni mixers in LA and NY
• Alumni discount on all American Pavilion programs
Registration Deadline: June 17, 2024
Venice Program Fee: $3,995
AmPav Alumni Program Fee: $3,495
Program Dates: August 27 – September 4
Participants are responsible for travel arrangements to and from Venice, Italy.
Please note that the main form of transportation while in Venice is by boat, so you should be prepared if you suffer from motion sickness.
1. Completed online registration form – Please note that applicants must be 18 years of age by August 27, 2024
2. Confirmation call with an AmPav rep
3. Payment of $1000 non-refundable deposit to hold spot
The balance of $2,995 is due no later than July 15, 2024. Please note that all fees are non-refundable.
*Receive a $500 discount by paying the program fee in full at time of registration!
AmPav Alumni: A non-refundable deposit of $1000 is due at registration to hold your spot. The balance of $2,495 is due no later than July 15, 2024. There is no additional discount for paying in full before July 15. Please note that all fees are non-refundable.
Failure to comply with the above stated conditions will result in forfeiting your place in the program. Program fees are non-refundable. Registration can be deferred to a future year only if participation is not possible due to travel restrictions, date change, or cancellation by the Festival.
—Hope Hall, Obama White House Videographer (Cannes '90)
Send us an email Call: (310) 837-4500