Cannes Culinary Program
May 12–28, 2023
"As the only student program officially recognized and sanctioned by the Festival de Cannes and the Marché du Film, The American Pavilion Student Program offers participants a unique experience and unparalleled access to both the Festival and Market."Jérôme Paillard, Executive Director, Marché du Film, Festival de Cannes
Learn, Work, Connect
• Experience the cuisine of the South of France
• Visit wineries, working kitchens, vineyards and outdoor markets
• Culinary Boot Camp: Help prepare over 1,000 meals a day for film industry professionals in The American Pavilion
• Plan and prepare cuisine for high-profile parties, intimate dinners and celebrity events
• Meet other working chefs
• Meet other like-minded culinary students
— Mario Batali, Chef/Restauranteur
1. Completed online application form with essay questions
2. Current résumé
3. Unofficial college (or high school) transcript – If you haven’t received grades from your current college, please include your high school transcript (or previous school transcript) along with a list of your current classes.
4. Photo for Festival badge – Photo should be ID-style, of face only, with a light background and no headwear or other items/people in the photo. File should be a jpeg under 1mb.
5. Non-refundable application fee of $55
Completed applications are reviewed by The American Pavilion Selection Committee on a rolling basis. Candidates who meet all of the requirements for admission will be contacted for an interview and notified of a decision on a first come, first served basis.
Conditions of Acceptance
If accepted into the program, a non-refundable deposit of $500 is due within 1 week of acceptance to hold your spot.
The balance of $1,495 is due no later than March 15, 2023. Please note that all fees are non-refundable.
Failure to comply with the above stated conditions may result in forfeiting your place in the program.
*Program fees are non-refundable. Acceptance can be rolled over to a future year if participation is not possible due to travel restrictions, date change, or cancellation of the Festival. Additional fees may be necessary if housing costs are increased due to COVID safety compliance. Any increase will be announced before May, and students who choose not to participate because of this will be entitled to a full refund of any payments made.
Adherence to all COVID-19 safety protocols will be required. Depending upon conditions at the time of travel, this could include proof of vaccination/boosters, masking, and/or frequent testing. We will keep participants updated regarding policies and safety measures put forth by the French State Department and the Festival organization.
Visit the FAQ pageSend us an email Call: (310) 837-4500